1. No animals or pets of any kind are permitted on the premises or around any unit, with the exceptions of guide dogs, signal dogs and/or service animals as may be required for persons with disabilities pursuant to applicable provisions of the Federal Fair Housing Act and/or Chapter 515 of the Hawaii Revised Statutes. Exceptions are subject to reasonable restrictions for leash control, noise levels and cleanup requirements. Proper licensing, vaccinations, liability insurance and a signed KBR Pet Policy Application are MANDATORY.
2. Unit owners shall be responsible for their own conduct, AND the conduct of any occupants, ensuring that behavior is neither offensive to any occupant of the building or property, or damaging to any portion of the common elements. A unit shall be used only as a residence and shall not be used as a business or for other purposes. No unlawful/illegal activities will be tolerated and such will be immediately reported to the appropriate law enforcement authority. No owner may lease/rent less than the entire apartment.
3. Do not feed the birds, cats, turkeys, or other animals.
4. Outdoor barbecuing or cooking is permitted at the barbecue grill only. Barbecuing or cooking on the lanais or outdoors in any other area is prohibited.
5. Lanais must be kept in a generally clean, orderly and uncluttered condition so as not to detract from the appearance of the property. ALLOWED ITEMS: Only Lanai furniture, designed for outdoor use, may be visibly kept or stored on the lanais. ‘Visibly kept or stored’ means items left dormant, unused and visible (from a distance of 10 yards) for longer than 24 hours. TEMPORARY ITEMS may be placed on lanais but only while in active use and visible for no longer than 24 hours; i.e., trunks, coolers, boxes, construction equipment, tools, garbage containers, cleaning supplies and equipment. Recreational equipment such as surfboards, golf clubs, and bicycles may be temporarily kept on lanais longer than 24 hours provided the condominium unit is occupied. PROHIBITED ITEMS. The following items are prohibited on lanais at all times: Anything that presents a health, safety or damage risk, electrical appliances, indoor furniture and fixtures, shelves, cupboards, cabinets, clothes lines, drying racks, wall hooks towel bars, planters and pots, or any items hanging from or attached to the ceilings, rafters, posts or railings. Homeowners and long-term renters should see the full AOAO lanai policy for additional details.
Hanging laundry or towels out on the bushes, or over the railings is not permitted at any time.
6. All common area walkways and stairways must be kept clear, providing for safe unobstructed passage. No recreational activity is allowed in these areas.
7. No roller blades, skates, scooters or other wheeled devices are allowed on the property except for reasonable mobility assistant devices used by persons with disabilities. Bikes should be walked in and out of the Resort.
8. The operation of golf carts on the walkways or on any lawn area is prohibited except by association or management company employees while undertaking their job functions.
9. Hitting golf balls in the courtyard, flying of drones or other flying devices, or engaging in any recreational activity that damages the property, fixtures, buildings, lawns, or disturbs the peace and quiet is prohibited.
10. VEHICLES: Each occupied unit is allowed one vehicle in our ‘Active Lots”. Full time residents are permitted one additional vehicle in long-term (‘Inactive’) parking lot, provided it is licensed and in good working order. Sleeping in vehicles, house trailers, campers, tents or any other type of conveyance upon resort grounds is prohibited. Repairing, servicing, or changing oil of motor vehicles in any of the parking lots is prohibited, and no recreational activity is allowed in parking lots. Driving motor vehicles of any kind on the walkways or lawn areas at anytime is not permitted without prior consent of the Kepuhi Beach Resort manager.
11. POOL HOURS AND RULES are posted in the pool area. Use showers to rinse off sand before entering pool. The pool and furniture are for Kepuhi Beach Resort overnight renters and unit owners only. No day visitors may use the pool and Resort facilities unless accompanied by a unit owner. Renters may not invite day visitors to use the pool and Resort facilities. Owner’s day visitors cannot outnumber the owners.
12. MAXIMUM OVERNIGHT OCCUPANCY: Studio Units = 4 persons, 1 Bedroom Units = 6 persons. For LOFTED UNITS, add one person to above maximums.
13. It is the policy of Kepuhi Beach Resort AOAO, that all game & fish processing, butchering or cleaning be done off-property, and that unwanted animal products be thoroughly wrapped and encased in plastic wrap if placed in our dumpsters.
14. SMOKING is banned on all common/limited common elements of Kepuhi Beach Resort except in designated smoking areas. This includes but is not limited to lanais, laundry areas, stairwells, parking lot, BBQ, pool, cabana, beach, grass and landscape areas. Smoking shall mean inhaling, exhaling, burning, lighting, or possessing any lit: cigarette, cigar, pipe, electronic cigarette, vaporizer, e-cig, electronic smoking device, or other smoking device whether for tobacco or marijuana in any form or any other smoked substance in an electronic form, and also includes incense.
All Association rules are intended to comply with the
Federal Fair Housing Act and/or Ch 515 of the Hawaii Revised Statutes
April 15, 2019